Table of Contents
- Setting up an Indoor Cannabis Garden
- Indoor Grow Lights
- LED Grow Lights
- LED grow lights on the other hand
- LED Grow Lights and Indoor Gardens
- 5 Best LED Grow Lights for Small Gardens
- 5 Best LED Lights for Medium Sized Gardens
- 5 Best LED Grow Lights for Large Gardens
If you have a passion for gardening but are not able to do so outdoors, you can do it indoors. Indoor gardening is creating a “synthetic” environment indoors to grow vegetables and flowers. This type of gardening is perfect for those who live in homes that do not have space for a natural garden. It is also ideal for those who still like to do some gardening even during winter.
Setting up an Indoor Cannabis Garden
There are two main components you need to consider when setting up an indoor marijuana garden. First, you will need to choose between soil and hydroponics. Second, you need to choose between natural or artificial lighting.
You can have a successful indoor garden with either soil or hydroponic. They both can sow and cultivate plants. The techniques used in each though are different.
Gardening with Soil
This is the natural gardening way where seeds and plants sow directly in containers filled with soil. Container and garden crops that use soil with high nutrition levels do not need fertilizers.
Gardening with Hydroponics
This gardening method does not involve planting direct to the ground but instead planting in growing devices or specially designed reservoirs. Roots are supported by growing mediums such as pebbles, rockwool, coconut fiber or hydroton. Hydroponic gardens need nutrients and fertilizer for the entire growth stages of plants.
You can also have a successful indoor weed garden with either natural or artificial lighting.
Should you choose to go for a natural source of light, you will need to have your plants near a window. You can have a healthy garden near a window facing south, west or east. If your window faces the north or if you do not have the space to allow natural sunlight for your garden, you can opt for grow lights or artificial sunlight.
Indoor Grow Lights
Indoor grow lights are special lighting systems that take the place of sunlight when you are cultivating weed and other plants, fruits, herbs, vegetables and flowers indoors. These lights can provide a spectrum of light just like the sun does. Grow lights allow your plants to have a growth quality similar to what the sun can provide.
There are a variety of grow lights available. They may differ in operation but they all have the same purpose – to help your marijuana plants flourish.
LED Grow Lights
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) grow lights are fast becoming the most favored choice of indoor weed garden enthusiasts.
While there are other types of grow lights, nothing comes close to led grow lights for growing cannabis.
- Fluorescent lights do not have the right color spectrum.
- Incandescent lights have extremely low illumination.
- Halogen lights release high heat.
LED grow lights on the other hand
- Light absorption is higher thus yield is also higher.
- Promotes a more effective photosynthesis making weed plants healthier.
- Emits lower heat translating to lesser need for water, fertilizer and cooling.
- Consumes 60% lesser energy (lower wattage) than most lighting system while producing the same light level.
- Full spectrum led grow lights are balanced providing plants with all the light they need.
- Some wavelengths can be turned off to produce the ideal amount of light needed at every plant growth stage.
- 100% recyclable and does not contain any toxic substances.
- Long lifespan
LED grow light wavelengths help the plants in the same way sunlight does. 8 to 12 hours is the recommended time to expose plants to LED grow lights for best results.
- Red led grow lights. Wavelength of 610nm to 720nm. Helps plants to flower and sprout. It is extremely important to flowering plants.
- Blue led grow lights. Wavelength of 400nm to 520nm. Enhances the growth of plants.
- Infrared (IR). Wavelength of 730nm. IR enhances marijuana growth.
- Ultraviolet (UV). Wavelength of 380nm. UV gets rid of insects and enhances the growth of the plants. UV is dangerous so it is not recommended to be used in LED grow lights. However if necessary, one or 2 pieces are added.
LED Grow Lights and Indoor Gardens
How much space you have for an indoor marijuana garden is one of the major factors to consider when choosing the best led grow lights. The size of the plant you intend to grow should also be considered.
The size of your indoor weed garden will dictate the grow lights led wattage you will need. The general rule is to allocate at least 25 watts (actual power draw) for every growing area square foot. LED grow lights are available in different sizes. Sizes are often based on the wattage these LED grow lights can provide.
It is important that your indoor cannabis garden gets the right amount of grow light based on its size. To guide you in choosing the right LED grow light, we have classified LED grow lights based on the amount of space you have for your indoor weed garden. We have also included a led grow lights review of each of the items to help you make an intelligent choice.
5 Best LED Grow Lights for Small Gardens
A small indoor garden would have space for a few pieces of small plants such as chilies, succulents or even tomatoes. A plant or two would normally fall into this category. High powered LED grow lights are not needed for this indoor cannabis garden size. A low wattage LED grow light will be sufficient enough to provide light for your plants. There are a lot of led grow lights for sale for this category.
1. TaoTronics Led Grow light Bulb
This grow light is ideal for use in growing roses, orchids, peppers, basil, herbs, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, broccoli and a lot more of vegetables and fruits. It is ideal for small indoor gardens and it gives off the right amount of light spectrum for vegetables and flowers. This LED grow light is an Amazon best seller.
This led lights grow can be used in tight and small spaces without worrying that heat will build-up. It can be used for all plant growth stages from seedlings to a full grown plant. It works best for small plants (below 16 to 18 inches) because of its small size. It comes with a one year warranty and has a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours. This bulb is for use in standard 12W sockets.
- Includes 12 ultra-bright LED lights (9 red and 3 blue)
- With 430nm and 660 nm wavelengths and also 460nm and 530nm for all growth stages.
- Plants fully absorb emitted light wavelength during photosynthesis
- Has 4 growth spectrum peaks for optimum production of Chlorophyll A and Chlorophyll B.
- Plant leaves start to pop-up after 2 weeks of daily use
- No heat generation even after long hours of use.
- Low temperatures
- Cheap led grow lights
- Ideal for growing seeds
- Low power consumption
- Superior luminous capabilities
- No energy wastage
- Quick and easy set-up without the need for additional materials
- A great beginner bulb
- 360° Tilt sensor
- Some customers say bulb stopped working after only a few months.
- Warranty is only good when purchased directly from the manufacturer.
2. OxyLED OxyGrow 7W Grow Light With Clip
The OxyGrow comes with 5 red and 2 blue LED lights to provide maximum wavelength for superior photosynthesis. This LED grow light is ideal for a few small pots of herbs, hot pepper or succulents. You could also use it as additional light for a particular plant in a large garden by placing beside the plant.
This LED grow light comes with a convenient built-in clip for easy hanging either horizontally or vertically. Detach the clip and the grow light can be permanently mounted in place.
This LED grow light is small but it is packed with features that can effectively keep your plants healthy. It features 7 LED lights for effective photosynthesis and is 7 watts. It comes with a metal heat sink to provide the right temperature for healthy growth of plants.
It is easy to install and be either wall or ceiling mounted. It can also be securely mounted with its built-in clip (detachable).
- Up to 35,000 hours of use
- Comes with 7 LED lights to promote healthy plant growth.
- Adjustable angle to a full 3600 and fixed with side screws
- Superior wavelengths to aid in photosynthesis
- Does not heat up even with extended use
- Housed in aluminum metal for dissipation of heat
- Ideal for one to two plant indoor garden.
- Angle can be adjusted up to a full 360
- Can be easily controlled by a rocker switch attached to a 9 feet cable
- Detachable clip for easy permanent mounting
- Not very powerful
- Lacking in accessories for wall or ceiling mounting
3. iGloEZ High Efficiency Green Energy Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
This iGloEZ full spectrum LED grow light is ideal for small lettuce and herb indoor gardens. It can also be used for small cucumber or tomato pots. The LED grow light is mounted into an adjustable stand. The plants are positioned right between the legs of the stand. The stand can be adjusted to a full 3600 angle and its height can be as high as 18 ¾ inches. It also comes with brackets for over the door hanging.
This full spectrum LED grow light is only 20 watts but it is ideal for plant growth in all stages. The legs of the LED grow light stand has a locking system to set the stand at any angle with the 3600 radius.
Whether the LED grow light hangs over the plant or stands above the plant, it should at least be 2-4 inches away from the plant. This LED grow light is perfect for plants ( i.g. lettuce) than need direct sunlight to grow. It works well with hydroponic and aeroponic indoor gardening.
- Ideal for all plants and can adjust to all stages of growth
- A full spectrum LED grow light for hydroponic and aeroponic indoor gardening
- Secure stand locking system
- Produces a lot of light but not a lot of heat.
- Each LED grow light is 20 watts.
- Does not produce heat thus it does not need loud cooling fans
- Expose plants 10-12 hours for optimal indoor growth
- Recommended for plants that require sunlight in all growth stages ( e.g. butterhead lettuce)
- Easy to adjust, secure and fold light stand
- A full spectrum LED grow light
- Energy saver
- Can hung or stand above the plant.
- Good only for very few plants
- Full wattage output is not listed
4. Lvjing 10w LED Grow Light Bar Hard Strip Light
This Lvjing 10w LED Grow Light comes with a light bar-type hard strip design. Each strip is 10 watts. It is ideal for small, medium and large gardens depending on the number of light strips you buy. This is a heavy duty full spectrum grow light packed in a small and versatile kit.
You can buy as many LED grow light strips as you need. For a small garden, you may need about a strip or two depending on the number of plants you have. The Lvjing 10w LED Grow Light is available in packs of 5 strips. Each strip is 0.5 meters and is equipped with 36 pcs of 5050SMD LED in blue and red lights in 10 watts. The strip is housed in an aluminum shell.
- Full spectrum system in a small modular form of 10 watts per strip
- Strips are easier to customize to suit a particular need
- Ideal as an additional LED grow lighting to existing full LED systems
- Enhances plant growth thus growth cycles is shortened.
- Blue and red 5050SMD (36 pieces) Led Growing Light Strip
- Dual band LED grow lights with advanced spectrum system similar to the bigger LED grow lights
- Works for all plant growth stages
- Stimulates photosynthesis
- Aids plants in nutrient absorption
- Ideal for vegetative and flowering gardening with 660nm and 445nm wavelengths.
- LED grow lights are housed in an aluminum shell.
- Lifespan of 20,000 hours for each strip of 0.5 meters.
- Flexible use. You can buy as many strips as you need
- Lightweight and portable
- Cheap price
- Less powerful than a full LED grow light system
- Power supply not included
5. Roleadro 45W Panel Grow Light LED Grow Light
This Roleadro LED grow light panel is ideal for a small garden of up to 8 square feet. The panel is equipped with 52 Blue Led lights and 117 red LED lights. The blue and red spectrum are for flowering and growing plants through hydroponics and indoor gardening.
This simple 45 watt blue and red LED grow light panel provides superior spectrum for plants in your indoor garden. Efficient and fast plant growth is by the 2:25:1 red to blue LED light ratio. The 25.2 watts actual power output is higher than most LED grow lights of the same size. This LED light panel comes in an easy to hung compact design.
- LED grow light panel is the ideal size for providing light to microgreens
- Equipped with 52 blue lights with 450nm wavelength and 117 red lights 660nm wavelength provide plants with direct photosynthesis.
- Provides more power than most LED grow lights of the same size.
- Daily use of this LED grow light will allow more leaves to pop up within 12 days
- Promotes effective and fast plant growth with an ideal red to blue LED grow light ratio of 2.25:1.
- The thick aluminum alloy plate of the LED grow light allows enhance heat dissipation without hurting the plants and even seeds.
- Compact and lightweight design provides easy in hanging the panel.
- The LED grow light panel is recommended to be hung at about 18 inches – 48 inches away from the plants or depending upon the plant’s current growth stage.
- Ideal for a small indoor garden of up to 6 square feet.
- Compact and lightweight making it easy to hung for superior performance.
- Ideal size for small and tabletop gardens
- Cheap price
- Works best for only up to 3 plants
- Does not include built-in cooling fans
Which is the Best Choice?
The iGloEZ High Efficiency Green Energy Full Spectrum LED Grow Light is the best of the led plant grow lights reviewed for small indoor gardens. It is also perceived by experts as the best stand- alone LED grow light available. The nice thing about this grow light is it is easy to adjust so your plant gets the proper light at all times. It can also be kept comfortably close to the plant. It does not have a fan because it does not heat up.
5 Best LED Lights for Medium Sized Gardens
Your indoor garden may be considered medium size if it is more or less a up to 5 square feet space. This space can accommodate about 3 or more plants. It can also accommodate larger plants. Medium sized indoor gardens are also perfect for plants that require a longer growing season.
When plants mature, they will need more light, thus the led grow lights home depot need to have more wattage so it can provide more coverage.
1. Galaxyhydro LED Grow Lights- Full Spectrum
The Galaxyhydro LED Grow Light can cover a 2 x 2 feet area. This LED grow light is able to provide full spectrum needed by plants, both flowering and vegetative, for all growth stages. This grow light is lightweight and portable providing ease in hanging. Should you need to e4xpand lighting, multiple Galaxyhydro LED grow lights can be daisy chained together.
This LED grow light is ideal for a hydroponic garden of medium size. This LED grow light uses the lasts in heat dissipation technology to prevent the need for additional fans. Each LED light has a 50,000 hour lifespan.
These grow led lights good light proportion that is able to give off 9 bands. Wavelengths of this LED grow light provide a superior Photosynthetic Active Radiation (PAR) value which enhances plant growth, development and a higher yield. Not all grow lights are able to provide the required light top promote sufficient PAR values.
- Equipped with 100 pcs of LED light which are brighter than other LED grow lights.
- Each LED light is 3 watts (LED chips) for maximum penetration and absorption of light by the plants.
- Includes two cooling fans for enhanced dissipation of heat.
- A radiator and 2 cooling fans keep noise and heat to a minimum.
- LEDs include IR which promotes cell division in vegetables and flowering stages increase a bit it’s the plant’s yield.
- LEDs include UV which aids in sterilization. It gets rid of bacteria which seriously affect plant growth and flowering.
- Flexible 2-view angling – 90-0 and 1200.
- It includes a Zeners exit which protects the rest of the LED lights when one LED light gets busted.
- Multiple units can be daisy chained
- Wide spectrum allows superb flowering and vegetable gardening.
- Full spectrum (red and blue) with required IR and UV range
- Equipped with two internal fans
- Ideal choice for hydroponic gardens (medium size)
- Tends to have a noisy operation
- Does not come with built-in hangers
- Some customers say output is lower than 300 watts
2. Apollo Horticulture GL80X5LED Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
The Apollo Horticulture LED Grow Light does not need ballasts. It also produces minimal heat. It has a vegetative stage coverage of 3’ x3’ and a flowering stage coverage of 2.5′ x 2.5′. These LED grow lights are ideal for all stages of plant flowering and growth. These LED lights are also suited for Hydroponic systems.
These 400 watt indoor led grow lights are ideal for flowering, vegetative and fruiting plant stages. It comes with built-in quiet fans. It is easy to set up and use all it takes is for you to just hang it, plug it and it ready to provide light for your plants. This is an extremely bright LED grow light. This LED grow lights should never be used in apartments as it will be a fire hazard.
- Packed with 80 pieces of 5w chips for a 3’x3’ vegetative growth coverage and 2.5’ x2.5’ flowering growth coverage.
- Brightness is at 10,800 lumens for healthy and fast plant growth.
- Large heatsinks prevent overheating.
- Cooling system includes two 4.5” fans.
- Comes with a 900 and 1200 light viewing angle allowing coverage to overlap, preventing dark zones in the enclosure.
- 5w chips never reach their 400 full capacities to prevent panel from malfunctioning or burning out.
- Includes a 29” stainless steel kit for easy set-up and removal.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Bright enough to grow flowers.
- Adjustable stainless steel stand.
- High output with low energy consumption
- Produces enough light and heat for proper plant growth.
- Not as expensive as other LED grow lights of the same construction.
- Light is not completely full spectrum.
- Some users have noticed interior packing when item was shipped.
- Some users say bulbs easily burn out.
3. Maxisun Dimmable LED Grow Lights
What sets this Maxisun 300W LED grow light is the fact that it is dimmable. There will be instances when you will be removing some plants from your indoor garden and your LED grow light becomes too much for the remaining plants. This Maxisun 300W LED grow light can be dimmed so it does not give off too much light. It comes with a strong and compact reflection which functions to magnify the Photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) output to enhance the penetration of light.
The reflector of this 300 watt LED grow light boosts by up 150% the penetration of the canopy to enhance the PAR capability. It comes with an enhanced full spectrum to increase the metabolic process to encourage quick plant growth.
The dimmers aid the plants at every stage of their life-cycle to achieve the best possible yield.
- Features dual switches which work well to help plants in all growth stages.
- Comes with led full spectrum grow lights
- Full spectrum is dimmable for vegetative and flowering control
- Infrared (IR) promotes cell division
- LED design layout balances coverage and PAR
- Comes with a daisy chain outlet
- LED has a reflector to boost plant growth
- A 2nd reflector enhances the PAR to increase by up to 150% the canopy penetration
- Proportional PAR and Lumen output
- Can be daisy chained to eliminate too many cords
- Dimmable to allow flexibility of use
- Produces highest yield with the highest quality
- Full spectrum coverage
- Sturdy and durable design
- Budget friendly
4. MarsHydro Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
The MarsHydro Mars LED grow light is equipped with red, blue and white full spectrum for vegetative and flowering plant growth stages. It is easy to set up and maintain. It comes with an ETL Certification making it safe without any risk of catching fire. It also has a long lifespan. It is recommended to be used for 14-18 hours in the vegetative stage and 10-12 hours on the flowering stage of plants.
This LED grow light has full spectrum and emits the purple tint of indoor plants. Plants easily absorb the light wavelength emit by this grow light in all stages of the growth cycle from vegetative to flowering.
This grow light is easy to set-up and comes with an auto timer. It is recommended that this grow light be installed 12-30 inches above the plants. It is ideal for 2’ x 2’ indoor garden. These hydroponic led grow lights are ideal for growing plants including potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. in grow rooms and grow tents.
- Full spectrum for soil and hydroponic indoor garden.
- Safe to use with ETL certification
- Helps plants during the entire growth cycle from planting stage to fruiting stage.
- Separately works on each growth cycle.
- Good quality 3 watt LED lighting ideal for health of plants.
- Bright light is also ideal for aquatic plants.
- Heat dissipation is efficient with enhanced cycles for internal temperatures.
- Combines 5 watts of LED with the right light spectrum and reflective system giving off optimal light to plants.
- Cool temperatures.
- Compact design ideal for small to medium sized indoor gardens
- Reflector comes with a controllable switch for Grow and Bloom for energy efficiency.
- A bit noisy
5. G8LED 450 Watt LED Grow Light
The G8LED 450 Watt LED Grow Light has been designed to provide lights for both vegetative and flowering plant stages. Most LED grow lights have vegetative and flowering switches to enable some of the LED to be turned off during the vegetative growth stages and turned ON to full capacity during the flowering stage.
The G8LED 450 Watt LED Grow Light does not have such switches. LED growth lights run in full capacity during the entire life cycle of plants. A 90W red is added during the vegetative growth stage instead of turning off some of the lights during the vegetative stage.
This LED grow light was made to enhance the health of the plants so it could translate to a better yield. It features 3 watt chips and zener protection for deep light penetration in plants. The use of this LED grow lights can increase the vegetation growth of plants by as much as three times during the first 2 weeks.
The lights keep temperatures constant at 700C which is good for the plants’ growth. This grow light does not consume so much space in your
- Remains cool even after 24 hours of continuous use.
- Simple operation. Just plug in and its ready to go. It does not require ballast.
- Intense coverage for vegetative and flowering growth cycles.
- Combines an 8-plus Infrared and Ultraviolet wavelengths with 3-watt chips for both vegetative and flowering stages of the plant life cycle.
- Penetrates past the plant canopy by as much as 60 inches.
- The best source of energy for plants in both growing and flowering stages.
- Space saving design makes it easy to move around your indoor garden.
- Power efficient as its 450W capacity is similar to a 1000 watt HPS light.
- Modular design prevents outrages in the entire system.
- High start-up cost, but provides savings in the long run.
- Low coverage area
Which is the Best Choice?
The Maxisun Dimmable 300W LED Grow Lights is the best choice in this category. Its dimmable feature makes it a hands down winner. There are times when your plants really do not need that much light intensity especially when you remove a plant or 3 from your indoor garden. The dimmer allows this LED grow light to have more versatility.
5 Best LED Grow Lights for Large Gardens
An indoor garden with an area of 6′ x 6′ and with more than five plants can already be considered as a large garden. The LED grow light you choose should be based on how the plants are compressed to each other and how mature they should be before you make a harvest. Large indoor gardens need powerful LED grow lights that can help plants be healthy through their entire life cycle- vegetative to flowering all the way to fruiting.
1. Apollo Horticulture Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
The Apollo Horticulture 700W full spectrum LED grow light is ideal for soil and hydroponic indoor gardens. It is suitable for an area of 3.5′ x 3.5′. This LED grow light is a cost effective way to add light to your grow tent or existing indoor garden.
This Apollo Horticulture LED grow light can help plants in both growth and flowering stages. It has a long lifespan of 50000 hours and is easy to install. It produces less heat allowing it to be placed close to the canopy of the plant. It does not need ballasts, too. This LED grow light can also be daisy chained for more wattage.
- 140 pieces of LED grow lights with 5W chips for a 50,000 hour lifespan
- Includes a 19 inch built-in hanging clips (steel)
- Comes with a 6.6 feet power cord
- LED lights do not require ballasts
- Produces less heat than other LED grow lights
- Projects light with Life Spectrum
- Light can be place close to the plant canopy for more effectiveness.
- Suitable for all phases of plant growth from vegetative to flowering.
- Ensures healthy growth of plants with proper lighting.
- Ideal for use in tents, H20 systems, greenhouses and Hydroponic systems.
- Two year warranty
- Compact size allowing it to be daisy chained to customize operation
- Easy and quick to install
- Almost noise-free fans
- Some customers say lights wear out fast
- Not really full spectrum
2. Mars Hydro Reflector Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
The Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum comes with an ETC Certification to guarantee its safety. It is ideal for a hydroponic garden and can provide plants with light for both vegetative and blooming growth stages.
This LED grow light comes in a compact design with a switch you can customize from vegetative mode to blooming mode. It is suitable for a 3.5′ x 2′ indoor garden. The LED lights come in full spectrum with reflector cups (individual) for each diode. This significantly increases the light’s output translating to savings in energy.
- High output in a compact design
- Reflective design prevents loss of light.
- Provides plants with full spectrum and high penetration of light to fulfill plant light requirement in all growing stages
- Makes use of silent intake and exhaust fans and heat sink for cooling efficiency which ensures a longer lifespan for the LED lights
- Lights can be controlled (with a switch) to suit vegetative (Growth mode ON) and flowering (vegetative and bloom mode ON) plant growth stages
- These LED lights provides maximum intensity along with a PAR that has been increased for efficient growth and increased yield.
- Equipped with IR to provide needed light during the plant flowering growth stage
- ETL certificated to ensure safe use
- Reflectors allow more coverage
- Lights can switch from vegetative mode to bloom mode
- Brighter lights
- Modular design allows a combination of lights
- Provides high penetration of light
- Has an ETC Certification ensuring safety
- A bit more expensive than the competition
3. Advanced Platinum P450 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
The 12 spectrum band of this Advanced Platinum P450 LED grow light ensures plants get the right spectrum for proper nutrition which translates to a healthy growth. The VEG and BLOOM spectrum of this LED grow light makes sure the plants get the right light from planting all the way to the harvesting stage. This LED grow light is a favorite for hydroponic gardens because of its convenient features and durable construction.
The lumen of this LED grow light is three times more intense than other similar glow lights. Ultraviolet and infrared radiations are also included. The configuration of this led lights grow can be changed from vegetative to flowering growth stages so suit plants’ current requirement. Custom lighting is also possible by daisy chaining these lights. This LED grow light is an effective substitute to natural sunlight and helps plants have a healthy growth.
- Suitable light source from seedling stage to harvest stage
- The most complete full spectrum light ranging from 12-band all the way to UV and IR depths.
- Equipped with vegetative and flower mode switches
- Whisper quiet fans operate at high speed and along with aluminum heat sinks provide a superior cooling system.
- Provides the proper light intensity needed by plants with consuming too much electricity.
- Allow plants to give optimum response to photosynthesis to ensure higher yields.
- Fans operate quietly to ensure proper light temperature are provided to plants
- Provides the highest output of lumen per watt making it an efficient source of light
- Provides more light intensity for less power consumption
- Has a more enhanced PAR value that most LED grow lights
- Efficient light spectrum allowing plants to give an improved response top photosynthesis
- Light penetrates deep into the plant canopy via focusing lenses with 900 angling.
- Compact size does not consume too much space
- Can be daisy chained
- LED light can be positioned close to the plants
- Some customers say it is not exactly a full spectrum
- Some customers say it has a low coverage
4. Morsen LED 1500W Grow Lights
Morsen 1000 led grow lights is the one the best for your large hydroponic garden. It is equipped with superior quality lights that are bigger and definitely more powerful. Although the lights are more powerful they are energy efficient. This LED grow light comes in full spectrum with a total of 100 LEDS.
The highly efficient 10W double chip Epistar is powerful but does not consume too much energy. With a lifespan of 50,000 hours, this LED growing light is 5 times more efficient than any HPS or HID grow lights.
It also comes with a full spectrum with a ratio that can equal that of sunlight. Full spectrum includes 71 pieces red lights (620-630nm, 655-650nm), 14 pieces blue lights ( 440-450nm – 450-460nm), 8 pieces yellow lights (605-610nm), 4 pieces white (3500k – 4000k), 1 piece UV (380-410nm) and 1 piece IR (730nm).
- Provides the right wavelengths (red, blue, yellow, white, IR and UV) plants will surely benefit for a higher yield.
- Features double 10W LEDs are brighter and more efficient.
- Power consumption is only about 185W
- Ultraviolet radiation promotes sterilization reducing the risk of plants contracting diseases.
- Seed germination and stem elongation are promoted by infrared radiation which to a certain extent increases yield.
- Provides the right amount of light from growing to flowering stage.
- Energy saving but allows plants to produce high yields.
- Suitable for Hydroponics indoor plants
- Ideal for greenhouses, large indoor gardens, potted plants and so on.
- Full spectrum output
- Energy efficient
- LEDS have higher output as compared with other brands
- Large size LED grow light for large indoor gardens
- Highly affordable considering its power level and high quality
- Long lifespan
- Bulky and large
5. Roleadro Chip On Board (COB) LED Grow Lights
The Roleadro full spectrum LED grow light is an effective alternative sunlight for large indoor gardens. It is equipped with the Chip On Board (COB) technology that includes connected LEDs housed in a single light module. This LED grow light has a panel-like design. COB lights broaden the area that can be covered by as much as 10 times and decreases the glare caused by the powerful lights.
This panel of LED grow lights provides more light coverage for less output of heat and less power consumption. The reflective cup around every panel of COB lights enhances the lumen output as well as heat radiation. Each layer of COB emits about 200W.
The Roleadro 800W-R Full Spectrum LED Grow Light can be daisy chained to increase the area of coverage. An efficient light proportion is provided by 3W Epileds Chip on Board together with the 900 reflective cup. The reflective cup is a patented design made specifically to create a higher light effect. This grow LED light also comes with a higher Lux and PAR values as compared with other LED grow lights.
This led grow lights spectrum (full) also provides better light absorption speeding up the growth of plants.
- Provides LED grow lighting for both vegetative and flowering plant growth stages.
- Plant growth is sped up by the high quality of light absorption by plants.
- Provides higher Lux value and PAR value
- Suitable for both vegetative and flowering growth stages
- Provides a better plant growing environment
- New and high quality Epileds LEDs technology create light extremely similar to sunlight.
- Heat dissipation system (Sunflower radiator) controls temperatures
- 2 or more lights can be daisy chained to save on power.
- Built-in high quality 3 UL fans provide superior heat dissipation
- Modular design keeps other components working when one of them stops.
- Lumen output of the COB is higher than most LEDs
- Unique design allows customization of lighting solutions
- LED panels can be daisy chained
- Reflective hoods surround each COB panel for increased lighting area and enhanced heat dissipation.
- Large lights can be expensive
- Some users say this LED grow light is not really full spectrum
Which is the Best Choice?
If you have a large garden, the best choice of the LED grow lights reviewed is the Morsen LED 1000W Grow Lights. These LED grow light is of professional quality. The lights are more powerful and of course bigger making it extremely suitable for your large hydroponic indoor garden.
The best led grow lights grow work to imitate sunlight in providing your indoor plants with much nutrients for them to grow healthy to achieve a good yield.
It is therefore important that before you choose best led grow lights for indoor you should be aware of the lighting requirements of your plants. It is also important to identify the area of your indoor garden. You would not like your plants to have too little or too much light.